#Botlife - Hypercharge your business process.
As a head of a business unit, the monthly review meetings can be harrowing. The organizational demands to become efficient year on year makes your life stressful. Identifying process holes takes months and to find a way to plug them takes even longer. Icing-on-cake is to ensure that all the new processes are "compliant".
What is the leadership interested in? What do they want?
Their primary concern is about revenues. Either you generate new avenues to increase the cash inflow or find ways to reduce the outflow. How do you ensure that your "Cost-Centre" is not denting the pockets of the company? How to reduce operational expense or OPEX for
Refresher on RPA
RPA stands for Robotic Process Automations. A lot of people get hooked onto the first word - "Robotics". It doesn't mean that once implemented in your organization, you walk-in to your office & would see a robot or an android sitting at your desk, sipping coffee from your favorite mug and working furiously on your machine. That is definitely not going to happen. At least, not with RPA. Robotic here is essentially software based. These little software bots reside on your workstation, your server and assist you with accomplishing tasks at a faster and accurate rate. In a way, it is what Jarvis (or Veronika now) is to Tony Stark, a bot can be for you. The bot can do all the routine works that one does (and be faster and error-free) and you can do fast more complex tasks.
"Human minds are not built to perform mundane tasks. We are far more capable of taking the mind to a higher level and perform complex tasks"
Now that we know what RPA is and what it is not, let's dive into the what our little work-machines can do for us
A buddy for everyone
Contrary to popular belief, in a controlled environment robots are highly bankable. Our little friends can be there on your personal workstation, or they can on the server watching your back and helping you out in performing your professional duties.
From enterprises to SMBs everyone can reap benefits of implementing RPA in their domain. It is simple yet extremely powerful and can save you thousands, if not millions!
Priceless value of RPA for accelerated growth
Let me enlist a few benefits of RPA
- Reduced cycle-time & TAT: With the help of a personal bot or server level bot and operations team can drastically improve their response time to customers and also reduce time on each transaction. This would help in creating more bandwidth and inflow of business.
- Accuracy & Quality: The bots ensure the errors are either minimized or eliminated from the system.
- Cost Savings: In the beginning, we were talking about saving operational expense, a bot is 30% cheaper than an FTE. What's more once trained the organization doesn't need to worry about attrition and ramp-up cost for FTEs. Brilliant isn't it!
- Compliance: With business rules and processes fed to the bot, it will always guarantee that the compliances are always adhered to. No more audit worries and regulatory fines. Now, we are not only saving money, but we are also buying peace-of-mind as well!
- Lowering the entry barrier: As mentioned the bot can do a lot of things for you, but someone has to train it, tell it what the process is, test it and manage it. The cost incurred with such a talent pool is extremely low considering the ease of use of the workflow design tool (Well, this is what I bring to the table).
- Continuous work: Our little buddies can obviously work continuously 365 days, 24X7. Imagine the customer delight when they shoot out an email in the middle of the night and they get a response back within no time! Priceless.
- Scalability: Scaling with bots is a linear process. Once the process is defined it is only a matter of adding more to the pool. Since the new bots would already be trained there is no ramp-up time or lag in optimum delivery.
The above benefits are sensational but are not limited to what is mentioned. You really don't want to be left behind when it comes to taking these little work-machines to your office.
Nishant, a member of a Leadership team was facing the heat to ramp up the operations, to tackle work-tickets queues which were at an unmanageable level. Also, with Q4 around, the impending volumes were going to be sky-rocketing. In the next article, read how a smart RPA solution not only cleared the queues rapidly but was ready for the Q4 volumes to flow in.
Are you ready to dive in? Are you looking to hypercharge your operations? If you are thinking "yes" then reach out to me.
"One more thing!!" Something mighty intelligent is coming your way.